Hello, Twenty Nineteen!
A new year calls for new year's resolutions (a love-hate relationship for some, but I love them!) and here are mine - something a little different from the usual ones (so no weight loss or becoming a gym bunny), - why don’t you give these a try too:
Challenge Yourself & Make Memories
If there is one thing you won’t regret in 2019, it is learning something new, pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and being fearless.
Fear of failure, fear of not being good enough, fear of the unknown is a sure thing to keep you from living your absolute best life.
Set a goal this year to ignore your fears and challenge yourself. Have you always wanted to travel somewhere? Perhaps embrace a solo trip? Take a dance class? Learn kickboxing? Do it! Don’t let your life pass you by. Make your own memories!
Forget The Past & Move Forward
Good things happen, bad things happen, that’s just life. Remember, nothing is a failure, merely a lesson.
You can’t change the past, but you can learn from the experiences. To move forward in life, - deal with the issues and then leave them all in the past where they belong. Learn from the lessons and then move on, don’t dwell.
Life awaits with new adventures, new people, new relationships, new friendships, new memories!
Be Thankful Daily
This nicely moves us to - gratitude. Establishing a routine of giving thanks every single day.
Could be as simple as enjoying a delicious coffee, having downtime to read a book, spending time with friends, winning a new contract at work, clearing your inbox and so on. Write down your daily gratitude in your planner. You will feel better for it, I guarantee it!
Expect Good Things To Happen To You
I am sure we have all heard of Law of Attraction.
“Law of Attraction is the ability to attract into our lives whatever we are focusing on. It is believed that regardless of age, nationality or religious belief, we are all susceptible to the laws which govern the Universe, including the Law of Attraction. It is the Law of Attraction which uses the power of the mind to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize them into reality. In basic terms, all thoughts turn into things eventually. If you focus on negative doom and gloom, you will remain under that cloud. If you focus on positive thoughts and have goals that you aim to achieve you will find a way to achieve them with massive action."
Whether this is something you believe in or not, starting a day with a positive mindset and expecting good things to happen to you is not a bad way to live.
Imagine a Beautiful Future & Set Goals
With this in mind, - imagine what you want to achieve in twenty nineteen. Using your planner or journal, brainstorm your ideas/goals and write them down. Once you are clear on your vision, break it down to monthly, weekly and daily tasks.
As the good old saying goes, - “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry).
Our 2019 daily CEO Of My Own Life® Planner is an excellent tool for this, as there are sections for:
- Imagining My Future: Space for you to write down/draw your future as you want it to be.
- My Big Master Plan: Once you are clear on your vision for the year ahead, write down goals and steps you will take to make it happen. Be specific as this will help you to feel accountable.
- My Year at a Glance: A page for you to break down your master plan into more manageable monthly goals. By planning your whole year in advance, you can always check if you are on track with achieving your master plan.
- This Month's Master Plan: Now that you know what you need to accomplish each month as per above, break it down further to even more manageable to-dos for each area of your life. In the "Weekly Breakdown" section, jot down how you plan to achieve your monthly goals each week.
- Daily Pages: At the start of each day, write down your positive mantra and top priorities for the day. Organise your day (appointments, daily action plans, etc.) in the hourly sections (5am to 11pm) and capture your notes, to-dos, goals by type (business | home | health | you) in the sections provided. At the end of each day, write down what you are grateful for.
Have you noticed that you always feel fantastic when you do something good for others? Whether it is volunteering or just being there for your friends and family when they need you.
Yes, we are busy, we have commitments and endless to do lists, but the most precious gift we can ever give is our time. Make it a priority to spend time and tell people you care about that you do.
I hope you have enjoyed this and this has given you ideas for your New Year's resolutions. Would love to hear yours too!